UNIT GROUP 3514 COOKS
COOKS prepare, season and cook food in dining and catering establishments.
Chefs, Fast Food Cooks and Kitchenhands are excluded from this unit group. Chefs are included in Unit Group 3513 Chefs. Fast Food Cooks and Kitchenhands are included in Minor Group 851 Food Preparation Assistants.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining foodstuffs to ensure quality
- regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
- preparing and cooking food
- seasoning food during cooking
- portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
- storing food in temperature controlled facilities
- preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
- may plan menus and estimate food requirements
- may train other kitchen staff and apprentices
Prepares, seasons and cooks food in a dining or catering establishment.
Skill Level: 3
Our experienced Australia immigration agents at Legal Migration Services can assist you with a professionally prepared application and supporting evidence which will enhance your chances to secure a successful visa result. Call us now and have a FREE telephone consultation with one of our Australia Immigration Agents, or take our FREE Australia Immigration Online Assessment today!